Frequently Asked Questions

If you do not see your question answered below, feel free to contact us at 416.481.2265 or at


1. What is the Travel College Canada’s graduate employment rate?

Our graduate employment success rate is consistently in the high 90% range.

2. What do your Canadian & International Graduates say about their experience?

Please click on  Graduate Profiles to see what our graduates have said.

3. May I visit the college?

Yes, we welcome personal visits by appointment only as office hours vary. Call 416.481.2265 or e-mail to book a day and time to visit. A career counsellor will be pleased to provide a campus tour and explain career opportunities, program content, fees, payment plans etc. in more detail.

4. Is it possible to meet with a career counsellor to discuss my suitability?

Yes, please call or e-mail in advance to book a day and time to meet with a Career Counsellor who will be pleased to describe suitability and answer all of your questions.

5. What are the admission requirements for Canadian students?

Requirements are the same for both Canadian and International Students:
1. Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or
2. Mature Student (18 years of age and over) and successful completion of an Assessment/Admissions Test (Note: This is only given if the student did not successfully complete secondary school or higher)

6. What are the requirements for International Students?

For information on the admission requirements for International Students, please click here.

7. How do I register?

On the left menu bar visit the diploma program of choice. On the right side of each program page is a “How to Register” box with instructions

8. What methods of payment are accepted?

Bank transfer is the best and most efficient method as it expedites registration and provides the student with an instant receipt. Contact the college for bank transfer instructions.

As class size is limited in order to allow for personal attention. Early registration for all programs is highly recommended

9. Does the school organize special activities e.g. Field Trips, Guest Speakers etc.?

Yes! We believe it important our students have opportunity to meet and network with industry professionals and potential employers to learn more about their company, products & services.

10. Is career counselling and job search assistance available?

Yes! a very comprehensive Career Planning Workshop is included in all diploma programs. Career counselling is an on going free service to our students and graduates for life.

11. What is your withdrawal/refund policy?

Registered students are required to provide notice in writing to the school of intention to withdraw from the program. Refund policy is explained on the Enrolment Contract (Registration Form).

12. How has the Internet affected the tourism industry?

Recent studies show consumers use the Internet to research destinations, hotels, cruise ships etc. however approx. 76% use the personal services of a trained professional travel agent/consultant) to book the best product at the best price.

13. What should I bring to the Travel College Canada Pre exam prep course?

Your personal printed copy of the Study Manual (read thoroughly beforehand) as we will be referring to it during the course, as well as a highlighter, and pen.

14. Does one have to take a Pre Exam Prep Course to write the TICO exam?

Of course not, however past participants have expressed the time and money invested was well worth it. They felt prepared, more knowledgeable, and confident to successfully take the exam. They added knowledge, and self-confidence also helped increase sales in the workplace.


We invite you to read a selection of testimonials received from previous course participants.

Well trained professional travel agents have the knowledge, skills, tools and resources to research and recommend the best product and value for their clients, and to explain the importance of proper travel insurance to ensure peace of mind when travelling.

For more information, click here to read excerpts from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) report stating travel and tourism around the world continues to be a steady high growth industry.