Certificate Program (Non-Vocational)
About the Profession
Over the last ten years, group travel has become one of the fastest growing and popular styles of travelling. Popularity may be attributed to many factors including increasing numbers of like-minded individuals with common interests preferring to travel together as a group.
Behind every successful group, is a well-trained, knowledgeable travel professional who specializes in the complexities of group travel, and ensures the booking is made with a TICO registered travel company.
The work of a Group Travel Specialist is very interesting, and rewarding.
A successful Group Travel Specialist should possess:
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the group
- Ability to meet deadlines, and effectively manage time
About the Program
Upon completion of this program, the student will learn and understand the reasons for growth and popularity in group travel; the components, complexities, and responsibilities of a Group Travel Specialist. This program also focuses on important aspects of the job responsibilities, such as:
- How to research, market and connect with potential groups
- Organizing, selecting, and coordinating tour components
- Connecting with tour operators, and travel agencies
- Pricing strategies
Program Delivery – Distance Education
This is a self-study, home based program. The student may choose to receive program materials either online pdf format via email, or hard copy (binder) for an additional charge of C$35.00 for mailing (Canada Post.)
On average, allow about 80 hours to complete studies, research, Assignment, and Test. It is recommended the student dedicate 8 or more hours per week to finish within 10 weeks (3 months). If more time is needed, the student may email our office to request a program extension.
This is a non-vocational program, so it is open to anyone with interest in learning, and developing skills and knowledge for this profession. As a Distance Education program, the student can live anywhere in the world.
Admission requirements are outlined on the Enrolment Contract.
How to Register
- When ready to register, Email: email@example.com and request the Group Travel Specialist Enrolment Contract, and secure banking instructions for the transfer of fees in full by EFT (bank transfer)
- Once payment has been made, advise the college by email, and attach Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents. Please do not send documents prior to processing payment
- The college will email confirmation when payment, Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents has been received.
Once the college has processed Enrolment, materials including Program Introduction, Instructions, Theory notes, and Assignment will either be emailed pdf format within ten days or mailed within thirty days according to delivery format selected.
C$375.00 includes Theory Notes, Assignment, Test, and Certificate upon successful completion (average grading of 70% or higher.) for online email pdf format.
For those preferring hard copy (binder) format, please add C$35.00 for mailing costs to the program fee of C$375.00 for a total of C$410.00.
Starting the Program
The student is encouraged to start their program immediately materials are received. During the program, we welcome emails or calls with any questions or when assistance is required. We endeavour to respond within 48 business hours.
Upon successful completion of the program, and when a pass grade average of 70% or higher is achieved, a certificate is issued within thirty days.