Non-Vocational Certificate Program
About the Program
Our Home Based Travel Professional program is ideal for new agents and those who appreciate value in skills upgrading. Build your knowledge – Build your business. Well-rounded course content has been carefully designed to include “must know” essentials for a Home Based Travel Professional. Knowledge delivered through the program increases one’s self-confidence, which results in higher sales and successful business.
Courses in this program include:
- Overview of the Global Travel & Tourism Industry
- Travel Documentation E.g. Passports, Visas, Health;Entry, and Re-Entry Requirements
- Professional Selling
- Exceptional Customer Care
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation Packages – Organized Tours
- Vacation Packages – All Inclusive
- Cruise Line Industry
- Airline Industry and Booking Procedures
We have spoken to literally hundreds of home based travel agents who list the following as the things they most love about being self employed:
- Opportunity to be their own boss (hope you’re a good one!!)
- Opportunity to choose their own hours (especially those juggling family and other commitments)
- Opportunity to TRAVEL and visit many destinations to make selling easier
- Opportunity to earn income based on their sales
- Opportunity to specialize in a niche market e.g. destination weddings, adventure travel, wellness, spas and yoga retreats
- Opportunity to specialize in selling cruises to places around the world
- Opportunity to be a specialist for selected country(s), regions etc. around the world
There is no minimum prerequisite other than a strong interest in learning about and developing skills on this topic.
This certificate program is offered through distance education.
160 hours – The student has up to 52 weeks to complete the program however, we encourage the student to complete sooner when possible.
C$975.00, including program materials (tax receipt is issued). Please add C$35.00 for shipping and handling to your program fee.
How to Register
Email: email@example.com and request the Enrolment Contract and secure banking instructions to arrange for a bank transfer for payment of fees which is due in full at time of program enrolment.
From the date the college receives the completed and signed Enrolment Contract, a copy of the pre-requisite and full payment, please allow approx. thirty days for processing registration and ordering of program materials. Program materials will be sent by X-Press Post, please allow up to 10 days for delivery. The student should be prepared to start immediately after receiving program materials.