About the Profession
Self-employment as a Home Based Travel Professional, often referred to as independent travel professionals is one of the fastest growing career choice in the travel industry with terrific benefits.
Imagine blending your passion for travelling with your love of working with people, and applying your travel industry training to create a rewarding, profitable travel business by working from home.
About the Program (Non-Vocational)
Our Home Based Travel Professional Program is ideal for new agents and those who appreciate the value in skills upgrading. Build your knowledge – Build your business. Well-rounded course content has been carefully designed to include “must know” essentials for a Home Based Travel Professional. Knowledge delivered through the program increases one’s self-confidence, which results in higher sales and successful business.
Upon completion, the student will learn and understand the components, and responsibilities of the profession. Program content will include:
- Overview of the Global Travel & Tourism Industry
- Travel Documentation E.g. Passports, Visas, Health; Entry, and Re-Entry Requirements
- Professional Selling Techniques
- Exceptional Customer Care
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation Packages – Organized Tours
- Vacation Packages – All Inclusive
- Cruise Line Industry
- Airline Industry and Booking Procedures
We have spoken with literally hundreds of Home Based Travel Agents, and shared with us the things they love most about being self employed is, having the opportunity to:
- Be their own boss (hope you’re a good one!!)
- Choose their own hours (especially those juggling family and other commitments)
- TRAVEL and visit many destinations to make selling easier
- Earn income based on sales: the more you sell, the more you make 😃
- Become a Specialist in particular area of travel or destination, selected country(s) or regions, etc. aligned with interests, and hobbies
- Specialize in a niche market e.g. destination weddings, adventure travel, wellness, spas, and yoga retreats
- Specialize in selling cruises to places around the world
Program Delivery – Distance Education
The student studies independently from home, however may email, or call the college with any questions, or for assistance.
On average, allow about 160 hours to complete studies, research, Assignment, and Test. It is recommended the student dedicate 8 or more hours per week to finish within 20 weeks (5 months). If more time is needed, the student may email our office to request the program extension.
C$975.00 (tax deductible) includes Theory Notes, Assignment, Test, and Certificate upon successful completion.
This is a non-vocational program, so it is open to anyone with interest in learning, and developing skills and knowledge for this profession. As a Distance Education program, the student can live anywhere in the world.
How to Register
Step 1. Email: email@example.com and request the Home Based Travel Professional Enrolment Contract, and secure banking instructions for the transfer of fees in full. Please ensure the bank follows transfer instructions
Step 2. When payment has been made, notify the college by email, and include a copy of your payment receipt, along with completed and signed Enrolment Contract, and supporting Admission documents as Attachments
Step 3. Once the college has received your email with Attachments, program materials including Program Introduction, Instructions, Theory notes, and Assignment will be emailed in pdf format.
Starting the Program
The student is encouraged to start their program immediately materials are received, and to do their best to complete the program within the specified time.
During the program, we welcome emails, or phone calls with any questions or for assistance as required. We endeavour to respond within 48 business hours.
The student must achieve an overall standing of 70% or higher, based on average grading from the Assignment and Test to pass the program.
Upon successful completion of the program, a certificate, and tax receipt is mailed within thirty days.