Certificate Program (Non-Vocational)
About the Profession
Our Home Based Travel Professional program is ideal for new agents and those who appreciate value in skills upgrading. Build your knowledge – Build your business. Well-rounded course content has been carefully designed to include “must know” essentials for a Home Based Travel Professional. Knowledge delivered through the program increases one’s self-confidence, which results in higher sales and successful business.
About the Program
Upon completion, the student will learn and understand the components, and responsibilities of the profession. Topics include:
- Overview of the Global Travel & Tourism Industry
- Travel Documentation E.g. Passports, Visas, Health;Entry, and Re-Entry Requirements
- Professional Selling
- Exceptional Customer Care
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation Packages – Organized Tours
- Vacation Packages – All Inclusive
- Cruise Line Industry
- Airline Industry and Booking Procedures
We have spoken to literally hundreds of home based travel agents who list the following as the things they most love about being self employed:
- Opportunity to be their own boss (hope you’re a good one!!)
- Opportunity to choose their own hours (especially those juggling family and other commitments)
- Opportunity to TRAVEL and visit many destinations to make selling easier
- Opportunity to earn income based on their sales
- Opportunity to specialize in a niche market e.g. destination weddings, adventure travel, wellness, spas and yoga retreats
- Opportunity to specialize in selling cruises to places around the world
- Opportunity to be a specialist for selected country(s), regions etc. around the world
Program Delivery – Distance Education
This is a self-study, home based program. The student may choose to receive program materials either online pdf format via email, or hard copy (binder) for an additional charge of C$55.00 for mailing (Canada Post.)
On average, allow about 160 hours to complete studies, research, Assignment, and Test. It is recommended the student dedicate 8 or more hours per week to finish within 20 weeks (5 months). If more time is needed, the student may email our office to request program extension.
This is a non-vocational program, so it is open to anyone with interest in learning, and developing skills and knowledge for this profession. As a Distance Education program, the student can live anywhere in the world.
Admission requirement are outlined on the Enrolment Contract.
How to Register
- When ready to register, Email: email@example.com and request the Home Based Travel Professional Enrolment Contract, and secure banking instructions for the transfer of fees in full by EFT (bank transfer)
- Once payment has been made, advise the college by email, and attach Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents. Please do not send documents prior to processing payment
- The college will email confirmation when payment, Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents has been received.
Once the college has processed Enrolment, materials including Program Introduction, Instructions, Theory notes, and Assignment will either be emailed pdf format within ten days, or mailed within thirty days according to delivery format selected.
C$975.00 includes Theory Notes, Assignment, Test, and Certificate upon successful completion (average grading of 70% or higher.) for online email pdf format.
For those preferring hard copy (binder) format, please add C$55.00 for mailing costs to the program fee of C$975.00 for a total of C$1030.00.
Starting the Program
The student is encouraged to start their program immediately materials are received. During the program, we welcome emails, or calls with any questions or when assistance is required. We endeavour to respond within 48 business hours.
Upon successful completion of the program, and when a pass grade average of 70% or higher is achieved, a certificate is issued within thirty days.