Certificate Program (Non-Vocational)
About the Profession
Tour Guide/ Tour Manager is an exciting and rewarding career providing opportunity to work and travel at the same time. Meeting, and working with people from diverse backgrounds, and with different personalities is interesting, challenging, and as such, enables one to grow, and develop professionally, and personally.
Successful Tour Guides have pleasant, outgoing personality with ability to manage groups with maturity, and respect. Positive healthy attitude toward self, and others is essential, and highly valued.
Program Delivery – Distance Education
This is a self-study, home based program. The student may choose to receive program materials either online pdf format via email, or hard copy (binder) for an additional charge of C$35.00 for mailing (Canada Post.)
About the Program
Upon completion, the student will learn and understand the components, and responsibilities of the profession. Topics include:
- Overview of the Global Travel Industry – Importance of Tourism
- Travel Documentation / Entry Requirements
- About the Tour Guide / Tour Manager Profession
- Growth in Popularity of Group Travel
- Important, and Relevant Skill Sets
- Types of Group Tours/Cruises
- Tour Management, & Establishing Rapport with Participants
- How to Handle and Manage Participants, and Emergency Situations
- Bringing Successful Completion to the Tour
- And much more!
On average, allow about 80 hours to complete studies, research, Assignment, and Test. It is recommended the student dedicate 8 or more hours per week to finish within 10 weeks (3 months). If more time is needed, the student may email our office to request program extension.
This is a non-vocational program, so it is open to anyone with interest in learning, and developing skills and knowledge for this profession. As a Distance Education program, the student can live anywhere in the world.
Admission requirement are outlined on the Enrolment Contract.
How to Register
- When ready to register, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and request the Tour Guide / Tour Manager Enrolment Contract, and secure banking instructions for the transfer of fees in full by EFT (bank transfer)
- Once payment has been made, advise the college by email, and attach Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents. Please do not send documents prior to processing payment
- The college will email confirmation when payment, Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents has been received.
Once the college has processed Enrolment, materials including Program Introduction, Instructions, Theory notes, and Assignment will either be emailed pdf format within ten days, or mailed within thirty days according to delivery format selected.
C$375.00 includes Theory Notes, Assignment, Test, and Certificate upon successful completion (average grading of 70% or higher.) for online email pdf format.
For those preferring hard copy (binder) format, please add C$35.00 for mailing costs to the program fee of C$375.00 for a total of C$410.00.
Starting the Program
The student is encouraged to start their program immediately materials are received. During the program, we welcome emails, or calls with any questions or when assistance is required. We endeavour to respond within 48 business hours.
Upon successful completion of the program, and when a pass grade average of 70% or higher is achieved, a certificate is issued within thirty days.