About the Profession
Self-employment is the fastest growing career choice in the travel industry.
Imagine creating a rewarding, and profitable home based travel business, with your passion for travelling, love of working with people, and your travel industry training from Travel College Canada.
Those working in the travel industry from home, may be referred to as a Home Based Travel Professional, or Travel Advisor, or Travel Agent. The title varies with travel companies.
Benefits of Working as a Home Based Travel Professional / Travel Advisor / Agent
We have worked with thousands of Home Based Travel Professionals who have shared what they love most about being self employed, this includes:
- Being their own boss (hope you’re a good one!!)
- Choosing their own hours (especially those juggling other work, family and other commitments)
- Opportunity to TRAVEL and visit destinations around the world which makes selling easier
- More control over income as this is based on sales. “The more you sell, the more you make” 😃
- Becoming as a Travel Specialist in a particular area of travel or destination, selected country(s) or regions, etc. aligned with interests, and hobbies. This may include specializing in a niche market e.g. destination weddings, adventure travel, wellness, spas, and many others
- Specializing in selling cruises anywhere in the world
Q & A:
Q: “I have gone through the Travel College Canada website, and see there is a diploma and certificate program. I am not sure which is best for me. I am planning to work from home, selling travel.”
A: Please read content on each program page to ensure you choose the best program to suit your needs:
1. International Tourism Management – This is a comprehensive Diploma Program, ideal for the individual with no previous training or work experience in the travel industry.
Program content is a blending of travel and tourism, and an overview of four core business competencies. This ensures the necessary knowledge, and skills are developed on which to build a solid home business.
Travel consumers expect their Travel Advisor/Agent to be well trained, and knowledgeable, and know more about the travel industry than they do which builds consumer trust, and confidence.
Click here for more info
2. The second choice is our Home Based Travel Professional which is a Certificate program.
About the Program (Non-Vocational)
Our Home Based Travel Professional Program is ideal for those looking for a short comprehensive program, and travel advisors/agents who appreciate the value in skills upgrading. “Build your Knowledge – Build your Business.”
Knowledge delivered through the program increases one’s self-confidence, which results in higher sales and increases the chances for a successful home-based travel business.
Program content has been carefully selected to include “must know” essentials for a Home Based Travel Professional.
Upon successful program completion, the student will learn, and understand the components, and responsibilities of the profession. The following courses are included:
- Global Overview
- Travel Documentation E.g. Passports, Visas, Health; Entry, and Re-Entry Requirements
- Professional Sales
- Travel Industry Law General & TICO
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation – All Inclusive Packages
- Cruise Line Industry & Cruise Ships
- Airline Industry, Fares and Booking Procedures
Program Delivery – Online
The student studies independently from home. Courseware is sent by email in pdf format.
On average, allow about 160 hours to complete studies, research, assignment, and test. It is recommended the student dedicate 8 or more hours per week to finish within 20 weeks (5 months). If more time is needed, the student may request an end date extension.
C$1575.00 (tax deductible) Courseware includes: Theory Notes, Assignment, Test, and Certificate upon successful completion.
As a non-vocational program, it is open to anyone in the world with an interest in learning, and developing skills and knowledge to work in the travel industry.
How to Register
Step 1. Email: email@example.com and request the Home Based Travel Professional Enrolment Contract. Instructions for the transfer of fee in full will be provided
Step 2. When payment has been made, notify the college by email, and include the completed Enrolment Contract, and Admission documents
Step 3. Please allow up to 30 days for processing. Courseware is emailed in pdf format.
The student is encouraged to start their program immediately materials are received, and do their best to complete the program within the specified time.
During the program, the student may email questions or request assistance as needed. We endeavour to respond within 48 business hours.
The student must achieve an overall standing of 70% or higher to successfully complete the program and achieve a certificate.